|Illustration for how to draw a Robin|
Start with the basic shape. Think of the body of a robin as a teardrop shape sideways. Draw it as a circle for the chest and one on top and a little forward.
The tail starts as a long triangle that is about half as long as the body.
The line for the front of the bird is a sweeping graceful curve; draw it over the front part of the circle and down to the tail. The line for the back is almost straight.
The beak is a long triangle, the back of the beak is another triangle pointing to the bottom of the eye.
The wing starts as a smaller circle on the shoulder. Draw a line down the front of the wing circle and then back to the tail.
The tail has tow feathers.
The legs start as triangles at the bottom of the bird, they are more toward the back. The legs are two straight lines the feet are three lines forward and slightly curved downward, and one line back curved downward slightly.
When you finish the basic drawing add the eye.
|Color illustration for how to draw a robin.|
- The robin has a black eye with white above and below it.
- There are two or three white throat stripes.
- The head is black.
- The wings and tail are grey.
- The chest is red but not a ruby red more of an orange red combination. The red of the chest goes to the legs.
- Behind the legs is a white area.
|How draw a robin worksheet.|