Wednesday, January 2, 2013

How To Draw A Blimp, Worksheet.

How to draw a blimp drawing lesson and printable worksheet.

This printable how-to-draw an airship worksheet and lesson is fun for the imaginative young artist.

PRINT THE WORKSHEET

If you have trouble making the worksheet below print or are printing on A-4 sized paper then CLICK HERE to visit my how-to-print page for some suggestions. 


How to Draw a Blimp. Art Lesson and Worksheet

Sometimes I spend hours creating these how-to-draw worksheets, but I do it so that I can give back because I believe that when you have been given a gift it is so you can be a gift to others, and I hope these worksheets are a means of blessing to you. You are welcome to print as many as you like. Use the Paypal button to make your donation. 


Thank you!

To find more projects like this see the list at the sidebar.

It is easy to draw the basic design but there is no end of variations a creative mind can give it.

I only show one here but I have a list of ideas at the bottom.

PRINTABLE LESSON NOTES.


Begin by drawing lightly so you can erase extra marks later. Start with the basic oval shape but a little pointed at both ends. I suggest a guideline across the center to keep things even, and another guideline at the end to keep things level to each other.

I draw a rectangle where I want the large rear fins to go. This helps to make sure one doesn't stick out farther or one starts too far forward since I use the rectangle to be a guideline.

There are many ways to make the fins they can be straight lines or curves or circles. I chose the rocket fin design for my example. The fin in the center is drawn right on the center guideline.

I use another guideline to keep the two rear motors even with each other. The motors are circles with a square then some shading and a few marks for vents. The propellers are very thin figure "8s."

Underneath the blimp is a gondola, it is like a passenger area. It is an oval. I started by drawing a square and then making the lines curve up and down to give the round shape.

Once you have the basic ideas in place erase your extra lines.

You can add things like:
     * Antenna.
     * Windows
     * A ladder or anchor or swing hanging below.
     * A bird's nest on the top,
     * A telescope sticking out,
     * More doors and windows.
     * A flag can hang behind it.
     * Birds can be landing on it.
     * Parachutes underneath,
     * Weather vanes on top.
     * Solar cells.
You might want to go over your drawing with a fine-tipped marker then color it in with color pencils.

Draw a world below it.
Let your imagination go wild.

I hope you make a masterpiece. 



(C) Mr. Adron 1/12/13