Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How To Draw A Hand Holding a Staff Worksheet.

Free how to draw a hand holding a staff drawing lesson and printable worksheet.

This printable how-to-draw a hand will help give confidence in drawing the hand in a grasping position.

If you have problems printing this, CLICK HERE to visit my how-to-print page for some suggestions, or try one of the updated links below.


How To Draw a Hand Holding a Staff Free Worksheet.

Sometimes it takes me hours but I create these how to draw worksheets but I do it so that I can give back because I believe that when you have been given a gift it is so you can be a gift to others, and I hope these worksheets are a means of blessing to you. You are welcome to print as many as you like.


Thank You!

The file above is like a scan; the one below is digital.

CLICK HERE for a file in PDF (recommended).

YOU MAY PRINT THE PROJECT NOTES BELOW.


BEGINNING OUTLINE
The hand starts as almost a square. Roughly place the staff as two long lines that go through the square, so the fingers will be wider at the front.  The wrist is narrower than the hand, and the thumb edge of the hand slopes upward. The fingers are curved around the staff, so the back knuckles from the outside edge; draw this as a curving line that will go past the staff's edge. Use a second curving line to mark off the tips of the fingers.  You will be erasing these guidelines later.

DETAILS
The thumb is higher than the first finger. The first finger curves around a little. The fingers are not straight but bent a little where the knuckles are. There are wrinkles around the wrist and the back edge of the hand. There are wrinkles across the wrist, on the palm of the hand, and across the thumb muscle. Add the fingernails, and remember there is some finger on each side of the fingernail.

Use shadow to give the hand roundness.

Draw the staff with a lot of lines for the wood grain.

There are two shadow lines down the wrist for the tendons.


Illustration for How To Draw A Hand Holding Staff

I do not charge you for my how-to draw worksheets. But won't you consider making a small contribution to support this blog? Your gift will tell me my worksheets are appreciated, and then I will be able to create more for you. Thank you.
©Adron D. 10/30/13