Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How to Draw a Mailbox Easy Worksheet

How to draw a rural mailbox art lesson.


This free drawing worksheet, How To Draw A Rural Mailbox, may be downloaded to your device and printed easily.

If you have trouble making it print or are printing on A-4 sized paper then, CLICK HERE to visit my how-to-print page for some suggestions.


How to Draw a Rural Mailbox Worksheet.

Sometimes it takes me hours but I create these how to draw worksheets but I do it so that I can give back because I believe that when you have been given a gift it is so you can be a gift to others, and I hope these worksheets are a means of blessing to you. You are welcome to print as many as you like.


Thank you!


You see these mailboxes on posts all over the countryside.  With a few flowers, they make an excellent addition to a picture or the focus of a picture.

PRINTABLE LESSON NOTES


You can use a ruler to get the lines straight, but if you don't, it is OK since they get weather-worn and are often not straight.

I start with the post. Use three parallel lines for the up and down post. Two lines make the horizontal arm or shelf the mailbox sits on and three parallel lines at an angle for the supporting brace.

The wood has "grain," so draw some rough lines back and forth going the way of the pieces of wood.

The top is pointed in mine, but you can make yours flat. The mailbox is just a horizontal line and an arch at the end.

Don't forget the little flag.

The flowers on the post are circles with dark centers, and the leaves are drawn like hearts and spades. The grass is long up close, and the grass far away is short. The lilies under the mailbox are like cones on thin stalks.

The road is wide at the bottom and gets narrow far away.

I draw the background lightly, so it looks far away. There is a row of bushes and behind that a row of trees.

Watercolor illustration for how to draw a mailbox.

(c) Adron 5/8/12

My how-to draw worksheets are free, and you may print as many as you like. I only ask that you consider making a small contribution to support my art if you are able to. Please click HERE and enter an amount that shows your level of appreciation. Thank you.